Very is no right or wrong answer to this question. Many people agree that you should just blog when you have something relevant to say. However, having the schedule and blogging regularly can increase reader engagements on your business blog.
Blog about things that interest you, of course. But it is a good idea to blog about the things that people want to hear, so a little research on this wouldn’t go amiss. You could use Google ad words to research keywords and topics that people want to read about. Choose topics that have high number of monthly searches and low competition. You could also employ an SEO company to help with this research. I have previously used to chill in the UK and so we said based in India. You can also get cheap keyword research done on fiverr.com.
There are, of course, many free hosted blog platforms such as BlogSpot and wordpress.com. However, the only one that I would truly recommend is self hosting a WordPress blog. For self hosting, you will need to host your account through a platform such as Godaddy or Hostgator. It costs more to setup, but it will be worth it because of the functionality that a self hosted WordPress blog will offer.
It will certainly increase reader engagements with your business blog if you do the following…
1. Write in first person. Using’ I’ and’ you’ can help the reader to engage with your blog.
2. Each blog should be a minimum of 300 words.
3. Break your blog up with images. As a general rule, at one image part 300 words
4. Break your blog up into paragraphs – short ones of around 2-4 sentences each.
5. Use clear H2 subheadings.
6. Add at least 2 outbound links (hyperlink to someone elses website)
7. Have a subscription form at the end of every post.
8. Share on social media through a plugin such as DiggDigg.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.