Trumpeter Media uses affiliate marketing. An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to this product and affiliated sites. Other affiliate links may be used in this article, but they do not impact on the price that you pay (in fact you get to use my discounts!) and they help me to get this information to you for free.
When you look after social media, it is essential to keep up to date with all the latest trends and practices.
There are a wide range of different online courses you can take to bring you and your team up to speed, but one of our favourites is Hootsuite Academy.
This course is facilitated by social media scheduling giants Hootsuite, and since it was established in 2016, the platform has educated over a quarter of a million students around the world!
Join us as we take a look at what Hootsuite Academy is all about and how it can help your team become more social media savvy.
What is Hootsuite Academy?
Hootsuite Academy offers online learning to help you get to grips with social media.
There are a variety of different courses available, including:
- Social marketing training: This course will teach you how to create a social media strategy and develop essential skills
- Advanced social advertising training: This course will teach you how to boost your social media adverts, including targeting key audiences and optimising campaigns. Hootsuite offers the first two lessons of this course as a free demo
- Social media ROI and value analysis training: This course will teach you how to define, implement and measure social media metrics
- Social selling training: This course will teach you how to find, research and connect with prospects on social
- Advanced social media strategy training: This course will teach you how to create a high-quality strategy and implement it across your company
- Social for healthcare training: A specialist course, this is designed specifically for health care professionals
- Foundations of social advocacy training: This course will teach you how to build your personal brand and become a responsible user of social media
- Social selling for financial services: Another specialist course, this will teach you how to find and connect with prospects on social media if you work in the financial industry
The courses are all run by industry experts. For example, the ‘social for health care’ training is run in partnership with the Mayo Clinic, the top medical organisation in America. Other courses are run by social media specialists, strategists and marketing managers.
You have to pay for the courses above; however there are some courses you can take for free. Hootsuite platform training takes about two and a half hours to complete and will give you a solid understanding of how to schedule posts and run social media campaigns in Hootsuite.
If you use the Hootsuite Enterprise platform, they also offer free training for this too.
(Bear in mind for these two free courses, you need to pay if you want certification.)
Why is Hootsuite Academy so good?
So, why should you pick this training platform over all of the others out there at the moment? Here are some of the stand-out reasons why we love Hootsuite Academy:
- You can learn at your own pace; there are no deadlines on completing courses
- Any certification you get lasts forever, so no need to renew
- There are a variety of courses for different skill levels, plus specialist training for specific industries
- Although you have to pay for most courses, the prices are affordable – costs vary from $199 to $400. For the majority of courses, this includes a certificate you can display on your LinkedIn profile and add to your CV
- There are discounted course rates for charities and not-for-profit organisations, all you need to do is email Hootsuite your details
- If your social media skills are more advanced, you can pay to take the certificate on some courses without having to take the time to sit through the course
How can Hootsuite Academy benefit your team?
If you have a training budget put aside and you want to use it to upskill your team on social media, Hootsuite Academy is a good choice.
It is 100% online learning, meaning your team can carry it out even if they are currently working from home, and can learn at their own pace.
There are a variety of different courses available, so your team can pick the one best suited to their individual needs. There’s even specialise training for the healthcare and financial industry!
If you’re still on the fence about Hootsuite Academy, we’d recommend giving the free platform training a try. This will give you an opportunity to see if the style of training is right for your team before you invest.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Hootsuite vs Buffer: which is best?