You may have a LinkedIn profile but not realise that you can blog directly on the LinkedIn platform. Today’s article is all about blogging on LinkedIn and why you should do it.
Can you blog on LinkedIn?
Want to post articles about your business, but you don’t have a website?
Want to showcase your skillset and knowledge to prospective employees?
Want to promote your products and services across a brand new marketing channel?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, blogging on LinkedIn could be perfect for you!
As well as posting status updates and polls on LinkedIn, did you know that you can use it to post blog articles?
In this post, we will explain the benefits of posting on LinkedIn and how to publish your very first LinkedIn blog!
Four reasons why blogging on LinkedIn is a great idea
- It’s free!
- Just as it is free to have a basic LinkedIn profile, it is free to use LinkedIn to post articles.
- It doesn’t count as duplicate content
- Normally when you post on your blog, you cannot replicate it on other websites as Google counts it as duplicate content, which means Google will end up deciding which version of the content to show its users.
- Posting on LinkedIn doesn’t count as duplicate content, meaning that you can replicate your blog posts on LinkedIn without any worries!
Blogging on LinkedIn – Handy Hints
We would recommend waiting two weeks before reposting your blog post on LinkedIn, just so your original post is indexed by Google first. Giving your LinkedIn blog post a slightly different title will help with search engine optimisation, meaning more people will be able to find it.
You can encourage people to visit your site or carry out a call to action
You can add (nofollow) links to your blog posts, meaning that if you want to encourage people to visit your website, sign up to your newsletter or purchase a product or service, you can use your LinkedIn blog post to do this.
LinkedIn promotes your posts to your network of followers
Once you have written your blog, you can promote it to your connections and it will appear in their newsfeeds. They can then comment on, like and share your post, pushing it to their network of followers, amplifying your blog’s reach even further!
You can see how many views, likes, shares and comments your blog post has received – meaning that you can analyse how successful it has been, and benchmark it alongside your other articles.
How to blog on LinkedIn
If you have a LinkedIn profile, blogging on LinkedIn is very easy!
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage feed
- At the top of the page, where your status box is, click on the orange ‘write article’ button at the bottom right of the box
- You are then taken to the LinkedIn blog posting page where you can do the following:
- Add a cover photo to your blog post (1200 x 627 pixels)
- Give your blog a title
- Add text, images, subheadings, links and formatting to your blog. We’d recommend that you keep your blog post between 500 to 700 words.
- Your blog post is automatically saved as you go. If you want to retrieve your draft, click onto the ‘write article’ button again, click on the ‘publishing menu’ dropdown menu at the top left of the page and click on ‘my drafts.’
- Once you are happy with your blog post, click the blue ‘publish’ button at the top right corner of the page. You will then have the option to promote your brand-new blog post on your LinkedIn feed!
Have you ever used LinkedIn to post blog articles?
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about The Advantages of a WordPress Blog