Trumpeter Media uses affiliate marketing. An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to this product and affiliated sites. Other affiliate links may be used in this article, but they do not impact on the price that you pay (in fact you get to use my discounts!) and they help me to get this information to you for free.
Have you started a brand new business and are not sure where to begin promoting your products and services online?
Is your business going from strength to strength and you have decided that you want to take your digital marketing to the next level?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, a digital marketing consultant may be right for you!
Find out more about what a digital marketing consultant does, and how to choose the perfect consultant for your business.
What is a Digital Marketing Consultant?
A digital marketing consultant provides guidance and knowledge to businesses that want to improve their online presence. Some consultants specialise in particular areas such as e-commerce, PR and social media, while others offer a more generalist approach.
A digital marketing consultant will provide specialist advice and a fresh outlook on your business, giving you the advice and guidance you need to improve brand awareness, grow leads and increase turnover.
What services does a Digital Marketing Consultant provide?
- Strategy: Before you start marketing, you need to have a solid strategy in place, so you know your target audience and the goals you want to achieve. A consultant will work with you to create a digital marketing strategy (including customer personas and a SWOT/PESTLE analysis) that will guide your team in the months and years to come
- Website design and optimisation: Whether you are looking to create a new website from scratch or give your existing site a boost, a consultant will be able to help you design a site that promotes your brand and boosts your conversion rate. They will also be able to work with you to improve your SEO and help you rank in the search engines
- Communications: No matter whether you need to shake up your social media or boost your blog, your digital marketing consultant can help you create exciting and informative content that will drive prospective customers to buy
- Digital marketing automation: Automating some of your marketing tasks will help your team save time and money, as well as keep your customers happy. Your consultant will be able to recommend a range of great automation solutions to suit your business goals and budget
- Performance management: You need to measure your marketing so you know what is working and where there is room for improvement. Your consultant will help you to decide which statistics to monitor and how to measure them to ensure that your marketing is always on track
What should I look for from a Digital Marketing Consultant?
There are a lot of digital marketing consultants out there, and it is vital to find the right one for your business needs. Here are a few of the things you need to look out for:
Examples of achievements: It’s all very well and good for a consultant to tell you how great they are, but it’s another thing for you to hear it from the companies they have worked with!
Ask your prospective consultant for case studies and testimonials so you can see evidence of the work they have done to help other businesses.
If you can, schedule a phone call with customers they have worked with to get extra insight into not only how the consultant helped them, but what the consultant was like to work with.
Examples of credentials: Your digital marketing consultant will need to be at the top of their game to help you expand your business. Ask your prospective consultant about the marketing experience they have, as well as their qualifications and certifications. Any qualifications they have should be in date and should be able to be produced on demand.
Experience in your industry: Different industries have different requirements, so it is vital to find a consultant with plenty of expertise in your specific sector. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions about their experience, where they have worked to earn this experience and how they will be able to help benefit your business
A digital marketing consultant can be expensive, but if you find a great one, they will be worth their weight in gold to your business!
The right consultant will not only help you to grow your brand and provide a vital return on investment but will teach you how to manage your online presence successfully.
A good digital marketing consultant will be an excellent contact to have in the years to come and will be able to provide valuable support and advice when you need it.
If you would like to hire me as your digital marketing consultant you can email me on: email@example.com.