Trumpeter Media uses affiliate marketing. An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to this product and affiliated sites. Other affiliate links may be used in this article, but they do not impact on the price that you pay (in fact you get to use my discounts!) and they help me to get this information to you for free.
How Often Should you Blog?
Very is no right or wrong answer to this question. Many people agree that you should just blog when you have something relevant to say. However, having the schedule and blogging regularly can increase reader engagements on your business blog.
What should you Blog about?
Blog about things that interest you, of course. But it is a good idea to blog about the things that people want to hear, so a little research on this wouldn’t go amiss. You could use Google ad words to research keywords and topics that people want to read about. Choose topics that have high number of monthly searches and low competition. You could also employ an SEO company to help with this research. I have previously used to chill in the UK and so we said based in India. You can also get cheap keyword research done on fiverr.com.
Which Platform should you use for your Business Blog?
There are, of course, many free hosted blog platforms such as BlogSpot and wordpress.com. However, the only one that I would truly recommend is self hosting a WordPress blog. For self hosting, you will need to host your account through a platform such as Godaddy or Hostgator. It costs more to setup, but it will be worth it because of the functionality that a self hosted WordPress blog will offer.
How to Increase Reader Engagements With Your Business Blog
It will certainly increase reader engagements with your business blog if you do the following…
1. Write in first person. Using’ I’ and’ you’ can help the reader to engage with your blog.
2. Each blog should be a minimum of 300 words.
3. Break your blog up with images. As a general rule, at one image part 300 words
4. Break your blog up into paragraphs – short ones of around 2-4 sentences each.
5. Use clear H2 subheadings.
6. Add at least 2 outbound links (hyperlink to someone elses website)
7. Have a subscription form at the end of every post.
8. Share on social media through a plugin such as DiggDigg.